4 Temmuz 2012 Çarşamba

Work/baby/life balance series

To contact us Click HERE
Last summer, I featured a series about work/baby/life balance, where seven amazing mothers talked about how they juggled everything. (I also told my own story.)

For the series last summer, I focused on mothers who were in similar situations to myself--most worked full-time from home, lived in big cities, and were married with young babies or children--because I wanted to show how these similar women all created different schedules that worked for them. Of course, there's a huge variety of amazing mothers with different jobs, relationships, economic means and situations, but I hope the posts were helpful, relevant, and, at the very least, interesting to everyone.

Now I'd love to feature a second series focusing on mothers who work full-time in office jobs. They have bosses to answer to and need to be at work roughly between 9 and 6 (or longer) everyday. These women are all doing well in their fields--from Pilar Guzman, editor in chief of Martha Stewart Living magazine, to Emily Kalanithi, an attorney for the State of California, to Erica Rivinoja, a writer for the sitcom Up All Night. Again, for the purposes of this series, I wanted to choose women who were in similar situations. Some people might assume these women "have it all" (did you read this recent article, by the way?), and I thought it would be interesting to see what their days actually look like and talk about the ups and downs that everyone—everyone—experiences when it comes to babysitters, marriages, bosses and everyday life.

We'll be talking about how they juggle it all. I thought the interviews were fascinating, and I hope you enjoy them. The first is coming right up!

P.S. As always, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments this week. I would LOVE to hear what you think overall, how you feel about these mothers' specific thoughts and philosophies, what ups and downs you've had, and how you manage (or hope to manage) your life as a mother. The conversation is open and welcoming. We're all in this together!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder