2 Ekim 2012 Salı

Winter blues antidotes

To contact us Click HERE

Fall is a beautiful season, but as the days grow cooler and darker, I get nervous about winter blues. (Are you affected by the seasons, too?) So this fall, I've been thinking ahead about ways to make the season feel brighter and cheerier...

* hosting articles clubs and cookie swaps
* watching all the Best Picture movies of the past fifty years
* making lots of cheesy pasta with spinach salad on the side
* cooking our way through a favorite cookbook
* inviting friends over for board games, like Settlers of Catan
* stringing white fairy lights all over the apartment

Also, this sounds crazy, but another way to cheer up dreary days is to use a sun lamp. Have you ever tried it? Alex had one when we first moved in together, and at first I dismissed it as new-age-y and strange. But then I tried it (you just turn it on for about 15 minutes in the morning) and was shocked by how my mood just lightened. You can actually feel yourself getting cheerier. The lamp mimics sunlight, so it gives you that natural boost on dark days. Now it sits on my desk all year!



What do you do to help ensure a happy winter? I'd love to hear your tips. xo

P.S. A big winter goal, and 12 cozy throw blankets...

(Photo by the Sartorialist)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder