27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

Our five holiday traditions

To contact us Click HERE
After writing about our new holiday ritual for Toby, I was really inspired by everyone else's holiday traditions. So we decided to steal four...

1. Many readers said their families eat a specific dinner on Christmas Eve every year. One reader's family makes grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Another reader's family bakes homemade pizzas. My mom's friend's family has Champagne and shrimp. I love the idea of having a Christmas Eve dinner tradition. Last year, my dad happened to make grilled salmon, followed by these chocolate lava cakes. So now he's doing it again this year:)

2. A reader named Jenny shared this magical tradition: "Every year, my mom, my sisters and I would pick a night and sleep under the Christmas tree. We'd pull out sleeping bags, drink egg nog and talk about our favorite memories. Then we'd fall asleep under the twinkling lights and shiny ornaments." How cute is that? When Toby is old enough (five? six?), I'd love to start this one.

3. A bunch of readers said they got new pajamas on Christmas Eve. "I'm 22 years old, and I STILL get pjs from my grandparents!" said a reader named Olivia. (And remember these three cuties?) So we decided to get Toby a new pair for tonight.

4. Finally, I loved the idea of giving your child a special ornament every year. "I'm now 27, and my Christmas tree is full of memories from when I was little," said a reader named Jessy. Toby's first ornament is this one, below, featuring his little profile from these beach photos, made by Lasso Creations.

5. Plus, we'll be doing our angel chimes...

Thank you so much for the inspiration, you guys! Happy holidays!!!


(Top photo of my brother, sister and me one Christmas morning)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder