28 Eylül 2012 Cuma

24 hours in San Francisco

To contact us Click HERE
This past Tuesday, I flew to San Francisco for 24 hours. The reason for my trip was to give a work presentation, but luckily my twin sister also lives there, so we turned it into The World's Shortest Vacation! Here's what we did...

My sister Lucy and her husband Paul live in San Carlos about a half hour south of the city, so of course I crashed with them.
As soon as I arrived at 3:30pm, my sister picked me up at the airport, and we went on a hike. Their suburb is peppered with little wooded trails with beautiful views.
Lucy and Paul originally bought this giant stuffed bear for their baby niece, but then realized that they were being overzealous and it was a little big for a newborn. So they kept it for themselves (and secretly love it). When I went to the guest room, he was chilling on my bed, which made me laugh.
I also spotted this Spy's Guidebook, which was one of our favorite books growing up! It was such a flashback. My parents would gives us these books before going on overnight flights so that we'd stay busy on the plane. I can tell you from experience, a spy's guidebook is the RADDEST book ever for a 9-year-old.
Later that evening, we went to visit my best friend Brooke, who lives in the neighboring town. I helped put her ADORABLE toddler son to bed and taught him how to say "dude," which he then said every three minutes for the rest of the night. After he was tucked in, Brooke busted out some delicious white wine from Whole Foods.
Lucy then brought over pizza from Positano, including this eggplant, artichoke, arugula, prosciutto and burrata combo. It was such a great night, and we were so busy chatting we forgot to take photos.
Early the next morning, I went into the city to give my presentation and then flew back to NYC. During my trip, Toby chilled at home with Alex and our babysitters. They texted me lots of photo updates, including this adorable one of soccer practice. (Apparently Toby wouldn't let go of his coach's hand:)

When I first met Alex, he strongly believed that vacations should be at least a week. He wants to get into a rhythm, relax, have time to breathe. But over the years, I've tried to convince him that SHORT trips can be just as awesome. Quick getaways, weekend jaunts, mad dashes...they're thrilling and whirlwindy!

What do you think? Don't you love San Francisco? And do you believe in the value of short trips, too? Or are you think vacations should always be long and leisurely? xoxo

(Top photo from iPhone Wallpapers)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder